Saturday, January 3, 2015

Training & Growing in the Lord

Well it's been six months since I started this job in Northern Alberta. I asked to be trained on coach buses a number of times and I was told that I would have to wait my turn.  Well this week I  got asked to train on coach buses and I am learning so much! The first two training sessions I was overwhelmed, I must admit, but now it's all coming together.  I had no idea that there were so many things you had to look at differently when you drive a 45' bus!

Growing with the Lord is like that.  We coast along for a while and then if we ask, we'll get the opportunity to learn a lot more.  At first when our eyes are opened to the new possibilities it can seem overwhelming... but I want to encourage you to stick it out because it will soon become a lot easier.  God will not leave you or forsake you and He's way better at teaching than any trainer on earth.  Hallelujah!

If you don't give up you'll have another trophy for the Lord, to trade with on the sea of glass. And if you fail... no worries! Practice is never wasted, even when you make mistakes!  In this game we get to keep trying till we succeed or choose to give up.  It's up to us.

Also, If we don't succeed the first time we'll grow in compassion and will be able to comfort others with the comfort we ourselves have received from the Lord.

So Thank You Lord that we are not quitters!  We can't fail for winning, we can't lose for succeeding and in all things you will cause us to triumph! Hallelujah!  Let's keep going... Thank You Lord that we are bright, witty, wise, and a joy to be around.  Thank You Lord for making all our enemies our footstool today.  Thank You Lord for the fear of You in our lives because it leads to wisdom.  Thank You Lord for the fruit of the Spirit in our lives today as we fellowship with You.  Thank You Lord for joy in our journey today.  May we always be so grateful for all You have done for us!  Amen!

Have a great day with Holy Spirit!

Big hugs and many blessings,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: